Flight golf balls feature a dimple pattern technology that helps you achieve long and straight shots. Simultaneously, they are soft to give you a good feel and elevated accuracy and speed.
Even though they are more or less the same, you need to choose right since different balls have different specifications that differentiate them. It would be best of you to go for the top-flight golf balls.
Top-flight gives you many options for quality but affordable balls that will provide you with value for money. They are especially perfect for mid-high handicappers.
In this buying guide, we compare the six best flight golf balls that are worth checking out. They are not only affordable, but they are also forgiving, will give you a reasonable distance, accuracy, and excellent elevation. Here is a quick guide.
It has been designed with a 338-speed dimple pattern such that the lower drag coefficient dimple pattern can cut through the wind to give you more accuracy and consistency in every shot.
It is an excellent choice for those who want to maximize distance and control but will feel exceptional. It features an energetic gradient growth core to optimize your launch options.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 5.8 x 1.8 inches
- Product Weight: 1 pound
- It can cut through the wing for a straight and accurate distance
- It has a soft, thin cover for a softer feel
- It can optimize the consistency
- It can maximize distance and control
- It has an energetic gradient growth core to optimize launch
- Some users complained of a rough surface
The Top Flite Golf Balls have been specially made to give golfers a tour-preferred performance. It features a dimple in dimple aerodynamics to help maintain spin so that you can have maximum distance and lift.
It has been formulated with a urethane cover to give players a preferred feel and increased greenside spin control.
IN between the core and the cover, there is a DuPont HPF mantle layer to reduce long game spin so that you achieve high accuracy.
The ball has a rugged high-energy core for maximum compression to improve performance.
- Product Weight: 1 pound
- It features a dimple in dimple aerodynamics to help maintain spin so that you can have maximum distance and lift.
- It features a urethane cover to give players a preferred feel and greenside spin control.
- It reduces a long game spin and increases accuracy.
- Its rugged high-energy core for maximum compression to improve performance.
- Some users complained that they could not get the right distance
It is an excellent choice for players who want a soft and premium feel but also accurate cut. With accuracy, you can get a long straight shot.
- Product Weight: 5 pounds
- It is eco-friendly
- It gives a soft and premium feel
- It can help you get an accurate long straight shot
- They are great for both beginners and professionals
- Some users complained of scuffed balls
- Some users complained of their durability
It has a dimple in dimple aerodynamics to help maintaining spin to give you a maximum distance and lift.
The ball has a large high-speed core but with a soft compression rating to help you maintain high ball speed.
It has softer feel thanks to the reformulated cut-proof ionomer cover that also enhances durability.
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 5.2 x 1.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
- It features dimple in dimple aerodynamics that helps maintain spin and generate speed for any swing speed
- It can give you a fastball speed
- It has a large high-speed core and a thin ionomer cover to help in fast speeds
- It has a soft feel
- It goes a long distance
- It is durable
- Some users found the exterior cover to be too thin
It is characterized by a large core construction to optimize compression for increased ball speeds and distance off the tee.
It has a low driver spin to give you a high fast launch for high playability and performance.
The ball has a 2-piece construction for maximum ball flight and distance.
- Product Weight: 2.8 pounds
- It can help you achieve long straight shots
- It has a large core construction to optimize compression at impact so that you have more ball speed and distance
- It has a firm ionomer cover to increase durability
- It can minimize spin while increase performance
- It may not be available in some areas
This set has been designed to give you a big game as your shots can soar through a long distance. They are durable that they will stand the test of time. They feature a distance dimple technology to give you a high fast launch for perfect playability and performance.
It has been made with a high resilient core construction to optimize compression for increased elevation speeds and distance.
It is characterized by a reformulated cut-proof ionomer cover that minimizes speed while increasing durability.
The ball has been made with 2-piece construction for more ball flight and distance.
- Product Weight: 1.72 pounds
- It can do a long-distance
- It has been made with distance dimple technology for a high fast launch
- It features an upper resilient core construction for elevated ball speeds and distance
- Its ionomer cover increases durability while minimizing spin so that you can get more accuracy
- Some users said they are more for beginners than seasoned golfers
If you are looking for golf balls that can give you more flight, then any of the six are great picks. If you are struggling to pick one out of the six, we do not blame you as that is expected. Here is a guide to help you choose;
More speed dimple pattern: All the balls have a dimple pattern to optimize on the speed, but the Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls are on another level has it has 338-speed dimple patterns to help the ball cut through the wind.
Eco-friendly golf balls: If you are environmentally conscious and need eco-friendly balls, then the right set for you is the Top Flight Recycled Golf Balls Mix as it has been mint-recycled.
Balls with low driver spin: A low driver spin is excellent as it gives you a fast launch for high playability and performance. In this case, the Top Flite Bomb Golf Ball is the right bet for you.
A set with the highest number of balls: If you are quantity oriented, then the set with the highest number of balls is Top Flight Recycled Golf Balls Mix a sit has 50 balls in a set.
The best choice for beginners: If you are a beginner and are looking for the best set, then the Top Flight Recycled Golf Balls Mix will serve you well.
The most affordable set: When we compare the price, the cheapest in the batch is the Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls set that retails at only $19.99.
Our overall recommendation: All six are excellent choices, but our best advice is the Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls because it is affordable. This golf ball will still serve you perfectly. It will give you accuracy, speed, distance, consistency, and a soft feel.
As much as you may have settled on a flight golf ball, it is vital to know how to choose a golf ball. Some of the factors to consider when you are selecting a golf ball include:
Although many people are primarily concerned about the price, the truth is that it should not be a big influencer of the buying decision as you need the features more. When it comes to balls, expensive does not automatically translate to better. When you do your research, cheaper balls are most of the time with lower spin, which can help you when it comes to getting high scores.
Your budget should be a reflection of your skill level. Even if you are a beginner buying high-end balls, the truth is that they are likely to wear out fast as compared to getting lost.
It would help if you stuck with your budget as you improve on your game skill. In the future, you can take advantage of high-end balls with more expertise. Playing more rounds is better than buying better balls.
When it comes to feeling, it is a matter of preference. In most cases, you may have to try out different options to know what you best prefer. The bottom line is that the ball should give you confidence in hitting it.
Contrary to popular belief, the fee of the ball will not affect your swing of the game. A full swing shot will be influenced by the setup you have done. You are the one to alter your controls depending on the distance.
The feel of the game equally does not affect short games. Even though the soft feel is preferred when hitting a short game, you may have to try out different options to find what works out for you.
The right compression for you depends on your swing speed. If you do high swing speeds, you will likely do well with a high compression rating. On the other hand, slow swing speeds work well with low compression ratings if you want a better distance.
When the compression rating is too high for your swing speed, you will need to use a lot of energy t the ball to get your desired results.
As much as in many cases, it is hard to get the right spin, with the right equipment, you can quickly achieve it. When you use the launch monitor, you can know if the ball of choice will give you the right spin.
For driver spin, less is more. Backspin will push the ball high, but it will fall short. It can give you a trajectory that can sail through the air and stay up for longer.
An iron shot will most of the time give you the same effect as a driver spin. When it comes to a short game spin, you have to decide whether you want more distance or control as you can’t achieve both at the same time.
When it comes to the right ball, different people have different needs. So, there is nothing like one size fits all. It all depends on your skills and what you want to achieve. In most cases, you may have to try out different balls to find the best match. Research and comparison will help you settle on the best. Going through reviews will help you know what to expect with your choice. When you are trying out to find your match, it is better that you start with affordable sets.